BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Do it yourself

So if you know me at all you know that I love do it yourself projects!!! My dear husband is learning that it is something that I will never stop loving to do ( I must get it from my dad) and is learning to deal with all my craziness... in the end he loves everything we end up doing!!! It all started last time the kids were up in Oregon... I wanted to surprise the kids with a new bunk beds when they got home and that is just what we did!! I made up the plans, did all the measurements and planning, and my totally awesome husband helped me (okay maybe I helped him) build it!! I loved how it turned out and so did the kids!!



I also wanted to make a shelf for the boys room and also one for downstairs... so the kids had something to hang backpacks, coats, and other things on!! Those also turned out awesome!!!



So one of my recent projects I was headed home from lowes... we go there two Saturdays a month for the kids workshop the boys love it!! Well anyway I was headed home and pasted a yard sale... I saw a shelf that looked like it would work perfect for under the bunk beds I wanted to do it before but planned it out and it would cost too much money to make.  So I stopped and asked how much they wanted... they wanted 10 bucks I talked them down to 5 so I bought it!!! Had to get a 5 dollar piece of wood, some nails, already had the paint left over from the bunk beds so I invested about 12 ish dollars and it turned out perfect!!! Yay the boys bed is complete!!!

                                                 BEFORE
(except the horizontal shelfs those I had added in I forgot to take a pic before that)
                                                AFTER!!
Sorry it is such a bad pic...

0 comments: