


So this has been a really long jounry with the boys and going to the dentist... It started back in January when I took the boys in to get check up... well what would you know Kadyn's pre-treatment bill was... 2 root canals, 2 crowns, 4 filings, and conscience sedation. Austin's was even worse with 3 root canals, 3 crowns, and 4 filings, plus the conscience sedation. And little Colton THANK YOU, he only had 4 filings all 100% covered!! So the total bill for all the kids came to are you ready... yeah almost $5,000!! Oh thank goodness for insurance... but still even after insurance the total was $1,600!! Yeah owe!! So after I had a heart attach with how much it was gonna cost I started to get Kadyn going... it took 3 visits each time he did the conscience sedation, all went well with him. So it was time to start Austin... things did not go as easy with him!!! The frist dentist tried the conscience sedation no luck!! So I decided to take him to a different dentist that does the procedure a little different.... no luck there either!! So I find out my only other alternative is IV sedation (basically knock him out) and that is an added $650 on top of what I already paid!!!! GRRRRRRR!!! I was frustrated but knew I had no other choice... so today was the big day!!! Everything went perfect they pulled his front tooth (it was infected cause he got kick in the face by his brother), he got 3 root canals and crowns, and 4 other regular filings!!! Oh WOW so glad that is all over!!! By the way just so I don't look like the worst parent of the year.... the dentist had only come across the kind of cavities my boys had very few times... normally the cavities in kids are in between the kids teeth... nope not my boys. Every single one was inside the tooth and it is because they just have really bad teeth! Well trust me after this we are going to be at the dentist for EVERY check up!!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
I Hate the Dentist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment